SYNBIO TALKS: XR technologies in the biotech industry now and in the future
Time & Location
About the Event
You are warmly welcome to our Synbio Talk this September!
Synbio Talks are an event series taking place every month where we talk about different topics related to synthetic biology. Our aim with these events is to build a stronger synbio community in Finland and beyond as well as to strengthen collaboration networks in the field of synthetic biology.
For this event, we will have Kristian Alaviuhkola from Sciar as our guest speaker. You will have the opportunity to learn about:
- What are XR, VR, MR and AR (differences, pros & cons, usability, etc.).
- How XR-technology can benefit the biotech industry now and in the future.
- Sciar's product, services, and data from real business cases.
14:00 - 14:10 Welcome and Synbio Powerhouse News - Manuel Arias, Project Manager at Synbio Powerhouse
14:10 - 15:00 XR technologies in the biotech industry now and in the future - Kristian Alaviuhkola, Managing Director at Sciar Company
15:00 - 15:20 Q&A
15:20 - 15:30 Wrap-up
We look forward to seeing you all!
- Founded Jul 2018 by 3 Biosciences students from the University of Helsinki.
- Sciar Company is solving Quality issues in frontline manual work execution and documentation. We are targeting Life science, biotech, pharma and other industrial R&D, production, quality assurance and training & education.
- Sciar Company accelerates your lab process and methodologies development, providing you access to some of the coolest and most advanced electronic notebook and AR technologies in the field - customised to your science and your needs.
- Quality Innovation Award 2020 winner in the category of POTENTIAL INNOVATIONS.
Kristian Alaviuhkola, Managing Director
He is the Managing Director at Sciar Company. He is interested in reducing human factors from the quality of operational work. He has experience in aviation, obtained as an airline pilot and instructor (Human factors, Emergency & Safety, Dangerous Goods ) for nearly 20 years before moving over to molecular bioscience. During this time, he has noticed a big difference in the quality of manual work in different industries compared to aviation. His goal is to help companies and organizations use aviation methods to improve the quality of work and documentation and thus improve the reproducibility of work and reduce the cost of quality.
More information: https://sciar.co/